My Childhood Surroundings

My Childhood Surroundings
Sand Dunes

Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Concluding Part

The Concluding Part

I enjoyed my childhood thoroughly. My childhood has been the foundation of my whole life. My parents have been the best parents. Whatever good things I could imbibe in myself that has been due to them ! All shortcomings have been the result of my own doing.

I would like to add something about a very taboo subject in our society- Sex. We don’t talk to our children about sex as we think that it is not a subject meant for children. Unfortunately the flip side is that our society is pervert. The grown up elders use children for their sexual satisfaction. Such exploiters are from the people around.They could be our staff or even relatives. I as a child had faced few such overtures. Mainly from servants, drivers etc.! Though I could sense that something was wrong in that, yet I could never muster the courage to tell about that to my parents. I could name anyone at that time . Children can be silenced easily either by bribe or by threat. And nowadays even by murder!

Another area of sexual experience for children is among their own age group- friends, cousins etc. This is a result of the changes in teenager children when they grow towards adulthood. This is natural and innocent but need to be guided by parents so that they realize the adverse after effects of crossing the limits.

Please open up to your children. Talk to them about such issues. Give them a passage to share such things if happening in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment